My Sisters’ Place
My Sisters’ Place is a safe, supportive community for women facing or at risk of homelessness. Our programs address the underlying issues of mental illness, addiction, street involvement, abuse, trauma, health, poverty and hunger. At My Sisters’ Place, we believe in women’s resilience and welcome all women with dignity and respect.
Opened in 2004, My Sisters’ Place is a unique program in London offering practical and emotional support and community services to women who are facing homelessness.
An average of 110 to140 women a day come through the doors to access services, enjoy a healthy meal, rest, shower, do laundry, and become part of a vibrant and resilient community of women.
Women who are homeless face a harsh reality of a mortality rate that is seven times higher than women in the general population. The city of London identified the need for a safe day space for women that offers supports and access to services.
In 2012, My Sisters’ Place expanded to include an Evening and Weekend program that has grown steadily in numbers. With the addition of this program and many other factors, our numbers have more than doubled in the past three years.
Services offered at My Sisters’ Place include:
• A Safe, welcoming, home-like environment.
• Partnerships with 28 community agencies who deliver some services on-site.
• Nutritious food program with a healthy daily meal provided at a cost of $1.50 per meal.
• Support workers and counselling including outreach to special populations.
• Peer support and leadership program.
• Basic needs supplies, such as personal hygiene products, showers laundry and clothing.
• Daily programs, such as yoga, knitting, literacy, and computer access.
• Micro Enterprise program.
• Native outreach and awareness.
My Sisters’ Place is located at 566 Dundas Street, London, Ontario.
Open Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm and 6:00-9:00 pm, 11-2 pm Weekends
Telephone: 519 679 9570
Like us on Facebook